Monday, June 18, 2012

Gettin my fitness on

I have set a few mid-year goals for myself (one being to blog more and yes, I realize i have made this goal before, but here is to actually accomplishing it!) and the main goal I have been pushing toward is getting back in shape. I figure if I make it known to my 2+ readers that I might be held accountable. I am off to a good start, having worked out everyday in the last week. I am doing everything from walking, running, hiking, punching, wii-ing, to throwing in an occasional insanity DVD. Anyone have any other ideas? I get so bored that I need a wide variety to keep me motivated.
While I have an idea of my ideal weight I am trying to stay off the scale and go by the fit of my clothing. I have a dream to get back into my "skinny" clothes (yes I have an entire box of clothing that no longer fits me but I am not willing to give it away in hopes I can squeeze my bum back in them some day!)

Along with exercise I have been pushing hard to eat healthy. I will have a great day of clean eating and will not once be hungry, but the part I struggle with is after dinner and before bed, that is when I get a sweet tooth, or even if I eat healthy I just want to eat everything. I know it is all mental, I guess I am just mentally weak. My next goal should be to get mentally strong and say no to snacks!

1 comment:

Jon and Melissa said...

Good luck! I am just blaming my sweet tooth on genetics;)