Friday, February 22, 2013

Paleo

Here I go again with a new "diet". Actually, I don't even think of this as a diet, just trying to eat clean. I have been doing a lot of research and been trying to eat foods that are healthy and that I make myself so I know what is in each dish. Paleo is perfect (a bit expensive) to get me started. I am not going to follow it exactly and will probably have more cheat meals than I should but at least its a step in the right direction. I have already started making some of the recipes I have found (Thanks Pinterest!) and they are SOOOO yummy. I am in love with Paleo orange chicken and lettuce wraps. I have a ton more to try this weekend. Since it is only me I am cooking for I can freeze some and also take some to work for a healthy lunch. It keeps me full and I don't snack as often, when I do snack it is almost always on carrots and hummus (which is technically not Paleo but still healthy, right?) or my homemade trail mix. I am not a fan of nuts so sunflower seeds make up the majority of it.
 I have taken before pictures and my measurements, maybe if i really get into it and succeed I will post the before and after shots. My goal is to be healthy and fit by June. I am happy with my weight (well sorta, is anyone ever really happy with the number on the scale?!) but want to feel confident come summer time.
 I also got a juicer which I can't wait to try out. Get all my servings of fruit and veggies in one glass. I am not brave enough to try the all veggie juices but maybe one day!
Here's to hoping I stick with it!!

No comments: