Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Xpose Photography

Yesterday was my photo shoot, and I have to admit. It was fun! I was really uncomfortable when I got there and it didn't help watching the girl before me do her whole shoot. She was so cute and totally at ease (apparently she had dated her photographer at some point so they already had chemistry!) I had Tawni come with me to help ease me into it and by the end I felt right at home. It was cool having someone else do my hair and make up, made me feel kind of special! I get to go back in on Friday and look at the 300+ images Jason took. I'm excited/nervous...it will be funny to see them, hopefully a few turn out!

Now onto the best part. The best part is I got a job interview out of it. I went in today to talk to them about being the assistant to the model director. It would only be part time but I would be working in a really cool/relaxed environment. And I would be working with photographers so while I may not be doing anything hands on with a camera I get to observe and get a taste for a whole different side to it. I really hope I get the job but we will have to wait and see. Even if it is only a few days a week or for a short stint at least I'm getting into the field a bit more. And I can learn more about the whole photography world from both sides of the camera. What could be better then that?!

3 comments:

Tara said...

How fun! Let me know when you have a free Saturday--I will bring the girls down to play!

Lindseylou said...

Congrats and best wishes. You will be phenomenal I'm sure.

Jon and Melissa said...

That is awesome Kari! That would be a really cool job-you could get some neat experiences. If you get access to any of the pictures I would love to see them!