Saturday, March 27, 2010

Color Festival

So after living in utah for 7+ years I finally got to got to the Color Festival at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple down in Spanish Fork. It was so fun! I love getting dirty, especially when its pretty dirty. My friends Lynsey and Savannah came with and we loved it all, even the walk back to the car.


We started our day by hitting up target and buying white sweatshirts, argyle tube socks, colorful sunglasses, and fanny packs. We really only wanted to get pretty colors of powder thrown on us like pinks and purples but we knew we couldn't be picky. We thought taking the shuttle would be a good idea but it was slow and we missed the start of the festival. By the time we got there they were out of color so we never got to throw it but we sure got hit! We were smart enough to bring a change of clothes so when we got back to the car we cleaned up and then headed to Paradise Bakery. All in all I would say it was a great day and we learned a lot so next year will be even better
For those that dont know what the Color Festival is: In India, Holi announces the arrival of spring and the passing of winter. The festival breathes an atmosphere of social merriment. People bury their hatchets with a warm embrace and throw their worries to the wind. Every nook and corner presents a colorful sight. Young and old alike are covered with colors
The color, noise and entertainment that accompanies the celebration of Holi bears witness to a feeling of oneness and sense of brotherhood. The festival brings home the lesson of spiritual and social harmony!!

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Crazy! I have never heard of this-I too love getting messy and this looks like something I would have enjoyed! You girls look too cute. I have been reading your posts, but only ever with one hand(holding a baby) so I haven't commented, sorry. Thanks for posting so much though it has been fun to keep up with your life. Really this looks too fun and I love the red Nike shoes-maybe I should get some.

Glenna and Bob said...

What a fun day, I love your teeth.
Good thing the weather changed or you would have been "permanently" blue.