Thursday, January 15, 2009

1280 The Zone Model search

"I'm a model you know what I mean And I do my little turn on the catwalk Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah I do my little turn on the catwalk"

While I was out with friends the other night I was stopped and asked if i had ever considered modeling. All I could do was laugh. So the guy went on to say they were doing some test shots and wanted me to enter a contest for The Zones model search. I smiled, laughed some more, and apologized for my lack of interest. They seemed to be asking every girl available and well, I'm just not the modeling type...too short, weigh over 100 lbs, and have a very hard time not making faces when someone pulls out a camera. The guy asked me to think about it and i agreed! Well I kept bumping into him and the photographers running the contest, so i finally said yes after about the 10th time. I mean, what could it hurt to simply smile for the camera.

Well it turns out I have been picked to go back for a real photo shoot compliments of "The Zone". They ran my picture past a panel and I apparently passed (along with 63 other girls!). I'm still laughing and have a feeling it is some sort of cruel joke, but I have seen the info, its real. And the Photographers are actually really good. The winner gets to be the spokes model for Utah Golds Gym and a $2000 shopping spree plus a full model portfolio. Now I don't plan on winning or even making it past this next round, I do enjoy the humor of it all and the idea of a shopping spree sounds amazing!

I came across some pictures today and I think I have a great shot at winning. How about you??

4 comments:

Glenna and Bob said...

I think you are cute, even with a phish face!

Jon and Melissa said...

Beautiful Darling, beautiful. The shopping does sound enticing. It is always fun to do something different for a change-you are beautiful, so it kind of works out.

Lindseylou said...

Yea Kari!! Love the photos, and you have an award winning smile that should be on magazines. Glad all is well. I promise to get you those pics!!

Unknown said...

You know, I've seen even worse pictures than these, and I still think you're hot. Good luck with the next round.